This site is the responsibility of Cork Supply Portugal, SA with address in R. Nova do Fial 102, Porto, Portugal and e-mail address email@example.com
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser when visiting almost any web page. Its main use is so that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies generally store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt web content to your profile and needs. Without cookies, the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced.
WHAT IS A COOKIE NOT?
It is not a virus, nor a Trojan horse, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor an open pop-up window.
WHAT INFORMATION IS STORED BY A COOKIE?
Cookies generally do not store sensitive information such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your identity or personal information, etc. The data stored is mainly of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customization, etc. It does not associate you as a person, but associates your web browser. In fact, if you browse regularly in Internet Explorer and try to browse the same site with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
The following is a classification of the cookies commonly used according to different types, depending on who is responsible for them, how long they remain active and the purpose for which they are used:
- types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: these are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the web editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are normally used to store information that is only of interest to be kept for providing the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal, and can be accessed and processed, for a period set by the Cookie Publisher, which can vary from a few minutes to several years.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose:
- Necessary cookies: these are those that help make a web page usable, enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the site. The site cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application, and use all the different options or services that exist on it, such as, traffic control and data communication, session identification, access to restricted areas, remember the elements that belong to an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request to register or participate in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content to disseminate videos or sounds, or share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: these are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria according to the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, regional configuration of where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: These are the cookies that enable the Publisher of these cookies to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the sites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of said websites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements related to the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform, from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are cookies that allow managing, in the most efficient way possible, the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher includes on a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about users' behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile for the presentation of advertising, based on automated decisions.
WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
It records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.
EXISTENCE OF INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
To understand the scope that disabling cookies can have, here are some examples:
- You may not share content from the site in question on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The site will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, as usually happens in online stores.
- You will not be able to access your personal area of the site, such as my account, my profile or my orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to shop online, you will have to do it by phone, or by visiting the physical store if possible.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The site will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, which will make it difficult for the site to be competitive.
- You will not be able to blog, upload photos, post comments or rate content. The web will not be able to tell whether it is a human being or an automated application that publishes spam.
- You cannot display industry advertising, which will reduce the site's advertising revenue.
HOW CAN I DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
You can always prevent the creation of cookies by selecting the corresponding option in your browser. To do this, you must access the privacy settings and select the option that allows you to disable the automatic acceptance of cookies.
For more information, choose among your browsers:
To access the Chrome browser cookie settings, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
Go to Settings, or Preferences, via the File menu or by clicking the customization icon that appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will see different sections. You should click on the "Show advanced options" option.
- Go to Privacy and then to "Content settings".
- Select "All cookies and site data".
- A list will appear with all cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier to find cookies from a specific domain, enter the partial or full address in the "Search for cookies" field.
- After completing this filter, one or several lines with the cookies from the requested site will appear on the screen. Now simply select it and press the X to proceed with its deletion.
To access the cookie settings in your Internet Explorer browser, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Tools, "Internet Options".
- Click on "Privacy".
- Move the slider to adjust the desired privacy level.
To access the Firefox browser cookie settings, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on "Privacy".
- Use custom settings for histories.
- Now you will see the "Accept cookies" option. You can enable or disable it according to your preferences.
To access the cookie setting of the Safari browser for OSX, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Preferences and then "Privacy".
- In this location you will see the "Block Cookies" option so you can adjust the type of blocking you want to perform.
To access the Safari browser's cookie setting for iOS, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Settings, and then Safari.
- Go to "Privacy and Security", you will see the Block cookies option so you can adjust the type of blocking you want to perform.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- run the browser and press the Menu key, then "Settings".
- Go to "Security and Privacy", you will see the Accept cookies option to enable or disable the box.
To access the browser cookie settings for Windows Phone devices, follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- You can now enable or disable the Allow Cookies box.
Similarly, we inform you that there are online tools that allow you to set and manage your preferences regarding cookies:
Some of them are:
Cork Supply Portugal, SA is not responsible for the contents included in those websites.